Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shoe Makeovers

There are shoes that I buy and absolutely love. Then there are shoes that I buy, but want to make better or change to fit my personality. I call this giving a shoe a "makeover". :) I think personalizing a pair of shoes is a great way to show creativity and express personal style. You can do this by getting new shoe laces, adding decoration like ribbons and sparkles, or even by drawing and painting on them. To give you a few examples of how I give shoes "makeovers", I bought a pair of white baby church shoes and some ribbon. To begin with I cut the existing bows off and made two new bows. Then to make it look crafty I added buttons in the center of the bows and on the sides where the Velcro attaches. I kept the shoe simple so it could be worn to church, but made them a one of a kind and cuter in my opinion.

The other example I did was a pair of plain, boring, black, rain boots that I got for a really good price the other day. I wanted to make them less boring looking, but keep them looking classy and simple. I found that some fabric flowers and faux diamonds really dressed them up for me, but I could have done pretty much anything with them and they would have looked great.

Below I gave some links to a website that personalizes shoes by painting them, and pictures of some creative flip flops.


















No comments:

Post a Comment